- Affect with wonder.
- usage: "Your ability to speak six languages amazes me"
- Be a mystery or bewildering to.
- usage: "This beats me"; "Got me-I don't know the answer"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- Surprising greatly.
- usage: "she does an amazing amount of work"; "the dog was capable of astonishing tricks"
- synonyms: astonishing
- Inspiring awe or admiration or wonder.
- usage: "New York is an amazing city"; "the Grand Canyon is an awe-inspiring sight"; "the awesome complexity of the universe"; "this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath- Melville; "Westminster Hall's awing majesty, so vast, so high, so silent"
by WordNet 3.0 © 2006 by Princeton University